Denon 2802

eddieras

i have a question re this receiver and was hoping to find someone here with the same receiver... i've checked the denon site, but no luck!

under Digital in Assignments, when i try to properly assign a device (CD, VCR, etc) it does not keep the entry. for example, if i do CD- COAXIAL and then go on to VCR - COAXIAL the CD entry flips back to OFF. i've even tried to do one entry at a time, than back out and start all over, but it doesn't work. any ideas??

thanks!

You can only assign one device per Digital input. Your VCR has Digital Coax??? I don't understand what you are trying to do. How can you be sending 2 devices to one input anyway? This receiver should have enough digital inputs for all of your digital sources, including your Confused.gif Digital VCR.

------------------

My Home Theater

The connections you are configuring are for audio only. Thus, when you say CD-Coaxial, you are telling the receiver that you are using a single coaxial (not dual-RCA) connection from your CD player to your 2802. (Are you sure you have a coax digital connection from your CD player? I've only seen that on a few units -- it's usually optical.)

Since you only have one coaxial digital input, when you say VCR-coaxial, it turns the other setting off, because you can't assign more than one source device to the digitial coax audio input, as toddvj says.

The coax from your VCR is probably the video connection, and would not be involved in setting your digital audio inputs.

Doug

------------------

My System