HD Theater 500

Joe123

I have a PC media center for all my music and movies, my PC has c-media 3D configuration for 5.1 & 7.1 surround. Do I need a decoder with an amp for the HD500. Could I used the amp on the sub-woofer to power all the speakers and connect my PC to the sub-woofer?

What,s the best way to go for the HD500. I'm not the type to play music super loud nor have parties on weekends.

Thanks

Hi Joe

HD500 are just speakers with a powered sub. you will need an AV receiver to decode the tracks and power the speakers. If you want tohook something up to your computer - Klipsch has Ultra 5.1 computer speakers. I have them and they sound great! Subwoofer powers the speakers, all you need is to run 3 mini-jack (regular headphone jack plug) cables from computer to the subwoofer.

Hi,
I checked out the ProMedia Ultra 5.1 very nice!, but seems to be discontinued..I thought the HD500 was along the same line.
So I would need a receiver for HD500 what type of receiver could hook up to a PC which supports coaxial and optical S/PDIFout ports.

Thanks
Joe

You will need a receiver that has proper power rating to push these (look at the speakers specs, then match them with receiver). All receivers that have been made within last 6-7 years have coax and optical inputs/outputs.

Quintets are said to sound slightly better, but you absolutely have to have a subwoofer with them.