XW-500d....maybe?

Ness5555

Hello everyone!

So as the title suggests, I have questions regarding the XW-500d sub. I want to get the 500d to match my Icon system (WF-35's, WC-24, and two Wb-14's) I haven't listened to the sub and I was wondering if any of you have? Some of the reasons I want to get this sub is because it can go pretty low (21hz) and it's relatively small, so it will def save some space. The sealed enclosure worries me because I feel like I won't get the same performance as I would with ported models. To my understanding a sealed enclosure is more appropriate for musical applications, which I often do, but I would like one that's great for both music and movies. I currently own a Sub 10 and while it's descent, I want one that will actually shake the foundation and go pretty deep. My answer: the 500d. But will this sub be able to shake the foundation like say, the sub 12?

I use my system slightly more for movies and would love to feel all those LFE! So again, would the 500d be up for the job? Or any other Klipsch sub? Other subs I'm considering are the Definitive Tech Supercure I or a Paradigm sub. Any feedback would be appreciated it. Thanks

Depends on what you wanna spend for cash. I personally don't feel the 500d for the price of $999 new is worth it. The Klipsch RT-12d is ok at best if you wanna stick with Klipsch but again a bit pricey for only playin down to 19 or 20hz. If you wanna shake the foundation and truely be happy I'd seriously look into purchasing an SVS sub. The Ultra 13 SVS will get the job done EVERY time and leave you smiling. Otherwise if you're into the build your own thing then the Danley DTS-20 is just plain awesome. The SVS plays deep down to 14hz and Danley is reporting 11hz. Hope that helps some.

Unfortunately, the ultra 13 is out of my range, however I'm considering the PB12- NSD, which is about the same price I can get the 500d for. It's a pretty big sub, but I guess I have to sacrifice that if I want to get that really deep, earth shaking bass. Thanks for the info.

So has anyone heard the 500d?

Any one recommend any other sub?

The PB12 NSD is very nice as well. My neighbor just bought it in the cylinder and it's very impressive. Any SVS product you choose is gonna SQUASH any Klipsch sub plain and simple. But if you can save a couple extra dollars I would get the PB12-Plus. I own the PB12 Plus 2 with the 900 watt bash amp and it will go down to 15hz. They don't make my model anymore but if you are patient and wait you might be able to find a used PB12 Plus 2 for about $900. The only one better than that is the Ultra 13. They also used to make a PB12 Ultra 2 and that thing is unbelievable but unfortunately next to impossible to find.

you could buy my velodyne spl1200ii ;) stronger than a klipsch sub12 as ive had that, its on par to the supercube i and right next to the reference or slightly behind if i remember correct when i was researching, my next steps the pb13ultra hopefully if i find one nearby.....the velo will smoosh the sub10 :D

i think id stay clear of the xw500d

Thanks for all the input guys!

I guess I'll just stay away from 500d....unless someone tells me otherwise and can really convince me to get it...

I guess I'll end up getting either the SVS PB 12- NSD or the HSU VTF-3 MK3. The RW 12d is on my radar too...I'm pretty sure it'll shake the foundation as my room isn't exactly huge. Decisions, decisions....

In the end, any of these subs should yield great results.

ya rw12d on ebay cheap buy it up 550 599 or used one so deep hits hard man i love mine for price not super huge but super sharp looking digtal screen set hertz at 70 on it -14 vol good to go it rock ya deep punch earth quake in big movies and wont distroit take beat at all levels sound sgreat on depth

if you take a look at the specs of sub12 and rw12d they are virtually the same...sub12s seems to be better value if you really want to stick with a klipsch sub find a used rsw12 or 15, if you would go with a 12d i dont think youd notice much of anything for the cost svs is always a nice route as well ;)

no sub 12 not like rw12d ok 1st u get cermic style cone wooder gold one alumini style hits way harder lower gutterey awsome

u get long throw big tube port also and digital screen its better thats why it cost more better speaker in it with faster power