Advice on connectors for ksw-115 to HIP?

aj01

I have a pretty nice backyard/garage/tail gating setup now - ksw-115s and klipsch HI's. I only have the HIPs hooked up right now and I was wondering on what people would recommend for connecting the two together (the 115s have a built-in crossover - I just set them up last weekend so haven't had a lot of time to play with them yet).

• Like 1

Hey AJ, Welcome to the Madness!

If you're sure that your KP 115 are X varieties (they should have jacks clearly marked IN and HF OUT or something similar) , the network filters from 150 hz out of the output jack and sends only 150 and lower to it's internal sub. You'll plug the output of your amp into the IN on the 115 sub, then OUT of that sub into the KP250.

The network is not a very steep slope. For clearer sound and better driver protection you might use an electronic crossover and then you could bypass the internal passive network entirely. This would allow higher power handling also. Rane AC22 or one of the digital Behringer models would be a way to experiment with this pretty inexpensively.

I'd also consider adding Neutrik Speakon connectors. Remove the jack cup on the back and inspect how it's made, there are usually areas already premarked for the Speakon or 1/4 type input plug, you just have to make a small cutout and resolder the leads to the new jacks. I dislike using 1/4" or dual banana plugs for PA use, they can easily snap off.