Rears

Schmidty

Right now have quintet for my rears and I was thinking about upgrading. I noticed most of you don't have official rears like the RS series. Do you recommend bookshelves or the RS series?

Thanks for your thoughts, again

Tony

------------------

Fronts----KLF 30's

Center----RC-3 II

Receiver--JVC RX-9010V

Rears-----Quintets

Sub-------RSW-15 + Basscube 15

TV--Panasonic tau 32 HDTV

DVD------XBOX

If you like the sound of your RC-3 II at center with the KLF-30's... then they would make good surround and rear effects speakers as well.

The old ProLogic underpowered surround sound comes out better with WDST speakers. But, 5.1 and multi-channel music sounds much better with full-range speakers IMHO. Just set them about a foot or so behind your listening position aimed at one another.

Bookshelf speakers used as surrounds should be about a foot above your "seated" ear level when in the sweet spot. I prefer to have floor level speakers on the floor so as not to loose bass and timbre supplied by the proximity of the floor.

How do you like your RC-3 II as a center with the KLF-30's... that is one I haven't tried. I have tried Academy and the KLF-C7... but my all time favorite has to be the "horizontalized KLF-30" since upwards of 75% of 5.1 sound is directed to the center channel.

Enjoy! -HornEd

------------------

HORNED'S EIGHT THEATRICAL LEGENDS, FIVE+ MUSICAL HERITAGES & A ROADIE...

SETTING THE STAGE FOR THE "THEATER OF THE MIND"...

KLF-30's: Left Main, Center Main, Right Main KLF C7's: L & R Front Effects on 5' sand filled columns

KLF-30's: Left Surround, Rear Effects, Right Surround Twin SVS CS-Ultra SubTower, Samson Megawatt Amp

KLIPSCH SPEAKER SUPPORT SYSTEMS:

Bass friendly, oversized, glove-leather LazyBoy Recliners. Mitsubishi RPHD1080i 65", Yamaha RX-V3000 Receiver

Toshiba Pro Scan 6200, Toshiba Pro 6-head SVHS W808 Upscale Monster Cables and Interconnects

CHANNELING THE MUSIC EXPERIENCE FROM 2 TO 6!

'97 Klipschorn - Mains, '99 Klipsch Belle - Center, '83 Cornwall - Surrounds, '93 Academy - Rear Effects

Walnut w/ Cane Grilles. Final Amps, etc. to be determined after long discussions with Klipsch Forum Members.

THE MOVEABLE (EAR) FEAST...

Klipsched Class "A" Motorhome... an acoustics challenge in 8' x 30'... good to be "On the Road Again!"

s>