Rear Speakers recommendation (KHC6)??? (First post!)

readheadman

This is my first post; I hope I am putting it in the right place…

I just bought a DENON 2310CI and It came with a free pair of in ceiling speakers; Klipsch KHC6. I already have the towers and the center channel; Klipsch RF82(Towers) and Klipsch RC52 (Center).

I am not an expert in this, therefore I am trying to get your opinion on the in ceiling speakers; do you guys think the in ceiling speakers (KHC6) will be a good match for the system?

grats on number uno post and welcome to forum, take a peak at the thread below yours as we discusses good rears for a similar setup, dont think its going to blend perfectly with a reference series but
youll get sound in the back if thats the goal, personally id sell the
ceiling speakers

KHC-6 Architectural Speaker

And while the KHC looks very different, its drivers sonically match the
freestanding models in the Synergy Series line, producing the same wide
dynamic, low distortion performances.

Hey, Thanks for the feedback. I really would like to have the rear speakers to be "in ceiling" type since it is kind of hard to place a large speaker for the rears due to my layout. This may sound like a dumb question, but do you have a good recommendation on what to get for in ceiling speakers?

i just took a peice of board and a corner round and nailed it to the board, put 1 hanging chain in each corner of the board and aimed my 81s at the couch, simple hanging system far more effective than ceiling speakers :D and those are 30lbs a peice not considered small by any means, but there are plenty of bookshelves far smaller that would suffice as well , i personally cant recommend any in ceiling type and im not sure any would blend great into a 5.1 with your system also the 51s are only 10lbs and the 61s are 20lbs, you could lay them on there sides and angle downward and or buy a mounting kit as well but building a platform is far cheaper and easy enough but if your set on inceiling or wall take a look at the flat panel speaker section or cinema links at the klipsch site although i wont be able to recommend any as ive not listened to them