Cap Quality for the Woofer

I replaced all the caps in my Forte II's and it was like taking the speakers from behind a curtain for the 1st time. That was before I installed the ti diaphragms.

Bob Crites has stated that the larger caps are very spendy to replace, and as a blocking cap, aren't a big change, unlike changing the tweeters cap. The one thing it does seem to do is help prevent image drift. I can tell you, ditching the electrolytic caps made a difference in that from the mids on up.

Look at the caps in the palladium xover...and you can see what Klipsch's opinion is of high end component use...(they didn't skimp)

The capacitor [type/quality] on the woofer low pass makes almost no difference considering how it meshes up against the mid-bandpass. I would be almost willing to say it makes absolutely NO audible difference whatsoever [to mere mortals anyway]. The woofer is already naturally rolling off and it only steepens the slope.

If extreme slope configurations were the norm, I might have to re-evaluate MY opinion.