S4i and iPhone 4

DJBradford

• 2 weeks later...

I am having problems with my s4i's and my new iPhone 4. THe volume down button only works some of the time, sometimes it actually increases the volume... Though this might be a problem with the headphones, I haven't tested them with another phone.

Same thing here, the problems seem to be intermittent. Sometimes the controls work and sometimes they don't. Gonna try to replicate and update with details. I'm sure someone inside Klipsch is doing the same thing and they will update us.

I noticed Apple doesn't list the iphone 4 as a supported device to the s4i. Will Klipsh be releasing a pair of headphones that is compatible with the iphone 4 or is this an issue a software update might address? It sounds like some folks are having problems in this forum with using their S4i's with the iphone 4...Is this common?

• Moderators

We have not discovered any incompatibilities with the new iPhone. One issue we have noticed is the jack is a bit more difficult to get a secure connection – you really need to push our plug in firmly to get it seated properly. If it's not fully seated, you will lose some functionality.

Let me know if you still have trouble!

• 4 weeks later...

I've the S4i and the iPhone 4 and can report that everything works perfectly. And although I haven't experienced this with the

Klipsch, on the regular Apple buds sometimes the remote would stop working. The cause of this was usually sweat, weather or

similar. Apparently the remote can't handle that.

Again, haven't experienced it with the S4i yet, but it could be what you're experiencing.

I just received my s4i's in the mail today. I am having trouble with the remote where: when I choose to change the track on my iphone 4, I end up trying to change the track on Pandora. (which is not running actively) I went ahead and signed out of Pandora but the controller will not forward/reverse tracks when pressing the play button 2/3 times while in iPod mode on my iPhone 4. I specifically purchased these headphones because my Bose In-ear headphones were not compatible with FaceTime. Will I have to return these great sounding headphones because of the incompatibility with the iPhone 4 and it's features? Please let me know of an easy fix, I'm an audiophile that enjoys good sound. Thanks

• Moderators

I specifically purchased these headphones because my Bose In-ear headphones were not compatible with FaceTime. Will I have to return these great sounding headphones because of the incompatibility with the iPhone 4 and it's features? Please let me know of an easy fix, I'm an audiophile that enjoys good sound. Thanks

I'll check on this, but I can't imagine you'd find any headphones that are compatible with every app that's available for iPods, especially since most are made by third party vendors.

I'll let you know what I find out.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

I got an Iphone 4 with latest software and my bottons/mic stopped working a month later. Tried the buds on my Ipad and they work fine. Regular Iphone buds work fine on both.

I dunno.

Apple probably changed the control interface. They have a loooooooong history of doing such things such as changing the voltages for recharging an iPod so newer iPods often won't recharge in newer iPod speakers.

It's a very annoying habit. Y'all should be rasin' 'ell with Apple. Vendors like Kllipsch usually aren't told of changes at least not with much advance warning.

• 1 month later...

I want to report that I've experienced the same problem on the iPhone 4S: Sometimes the volume down button on the controller actually makes the volume go up a few times. By pushing the button repeatedly, the volume does eventually go down, but it's unpredictable. I have reproduced this problem on the display models of the iPhone 4S at the Apple Store, but it doesn't seem to occur when the headphones are plugged into my MacBook Pro, and I haven't been able to reproduce it on the store's display iPads. (But it's unpredictable, so maybe it actually does affect the new retina-screen iPad, and I just couldn't make it happen in my trial.)

I suggest you look into this. Since it doesn't occur on all devices, I don't think this is just a hardware problem.

Hello ipfs,

This is an odd behavior that we have not seen before on the S4i or any other Klipsch headphones. In fact, the S4i has been tested and verified by Apple as compatible with the iPhone 4S. My best suggestion is to send them in to customer service (800-KLIPSCH) and we will test them and if they are defective we will send a new pair to you.

Thanks,

Chris