Forte II Crossover

I love my Forte II's. Even so much that I have three in my front soundstage. The issue is that one of my crossovers went out today. If I upgrade my crossovers then I will need three ! I am not a diy guy and would need to buy the pre-built upgraded ones. So it would cost almost $400 for new crossovers.

At that price, should I just try and buy a new pair of used Forte II's?

Any direction would be appericated,..

First, are you sure it is a crossover issue. In most cases it is a driver which fails.

That $400 figure seems high. If it is a crossover problem, there are people around here who should be able to help. Bob Crites comes to mind. Maybe you can take it out and ship it.

Let me suggest that if you're not a diy guy, now will be a good time to learn. It is not difficult.

Wm McD

. . . If it is a crossover problem, there are people around here who should be able to help. Bob Crites comes to mind.

Wm McD

Yeah, I'd talk to Bob Crites.

http://www.critesspeakers.com/

If you're worried about the 3 of them sounding "matched", I'll bet Bob could do something with all 3 to make that happen without neccessarily making you buy 3 new crossovers. Have no idea what that would involve or cost, but I'm ok with the prices I've seen him charge so far. Give him a call, he always talks to me. :-)

I've got his titanium diaghrams in my tweets & couldn't be happier. I'll probably end up doing something with the crossovers in my Forte IIs, & that will more than likely include something from Bob.

Frank W.