Parasound CDP-1000

slovell

Hey Sam, good to see you!

I don't have any experience with that player. Although it looks very nice.

parasound_cdp1000-vi.jpg

C/DP-1000 High Resolution Compact Disc
Player/Transport.

Search long and hard, but you won't find another
CD player anywhere near this price range that
sounds as smooth and clean. Easily upgradeable to AT&T ST fiber
optic link or AES/EBU XLR balanced output with our
Advanced Digital Adapter Module (ADAM), or our AES/EBU Option Module
(AESOP). Hybrid 1 bit/18 bit ladder Burr Brown DAC,
8x over-sampling, High resolution analog circuitry, Fully programmable,
Fully remote controlled, External IR input,
Mechanically damped chassis.

C/DP-1000 High Resolution Compact Disc
Player/Transport Specifications

Frequency Response

3 Hz-20 kHz, +/-0.2 dB

Signal to Noise Ratio

> 110 dB, IHF A

Dynamic Range

> 100 dB

Channel Separation

> 115 dB, 1 kHz

Low Level Linearity

+/- 1.5 dB down to -90 dB

Analog Line Output Level

2 V, +/- 0. 1 V Suitable load >=10k ohms

Coaxial Digital Output

75 ohms RCA, 0.5 V peak-to-peak

Total Harmanic Distortion

< 0.002%

Wow and Flutter

Unmeasurable; crystal accuracy

lnter-channel Phase Shift

< 0.6degrees at 20 kHz

Disc Defect Tracking

up to 2000 micro Meter

Converter Type

1 bit - 18 bit linear hybrid, hand-trimmed

Sampling Rate

352.8 kHz, 8 x 44.1 kHz

Error Correction Method

CIRC double error correction

Dimensions

19" wide x 3-1/2" high x 10" deep

Power Requirements

120 V - 120 V AC 15 watts, may rewire to 220 V - 240 V

ADAM Specifications:

ST Module Fiber Optic

T&T Standard, 820 nm typical wavelength

AES/EBU Output: 110 ohm XLR, 5 V peak-to-peak

Dennie

Hey Dennie! WHAAZZUP!!!
I bought one of these off E-Bay the other day cheap. I've already got a Parasound DAC-1100 and I kinda thought it'd be cool to have a matched pair sitting in the money pit...ooops!!!...I meant to say rack. I remember them being for sale back in the nineties but not much else. I guess that's better than the seventies, which I don't really remember at all. I contacted Parasound's service department and was informed that they could still fully service/repair it as necessary. The seller said it skipped occasionally which apparently, judging from what I've read on the net, is a common problem with these units. I'm going to be using it as a transport only so I don't really care about the outdated internal dacs, it just has to look pretty and spin discs. The DAC-1100 has multiple inputs so I don't have to make any changes to my existing rig. I've got a Parasound AVC-1800 preamp-processor that I haven't used in years (never did like the way it sounded in two-channel) that I ought to drag out and blow the dust off. Probably still wouldn't like it, but ya never know. The thing ought to be here tomorrow or the next day and then I'll know more about it.
Best Regards, Sam [H]

Hey Dennie! WHAAZZUP!!!
I bought one of these off E-Bay the other day cheap. I've already got a Parasound DAC-1100 and I kinda thought it'd be cool to have a matched pair sitting in the money pit...ooops!!!...I meant to say rack. I remember them being for sale back in the nineties but not much else. I guess that's better than the seventies, which I don't really remember at all. I contacted Parasound's service department and was informed that they could still fully service/repair it as necessary. The seller said it skipped occasionally which apparently, judging from what I've read on the net, is a common problem with these units. I'm going to be using it as a transport only so I don't really care about the outdated internal dacs, it just has to look pretty and spin discs. The DAC-1100 has multiple inputs so I don't have to make any changes to my existing rig. I've got a Parasound AVC-1800 preamp-processor that I haven't used in years (never did like the way it sounded in two-channel) that I ought to drag out and blow the dust off. Probably still wouldn't like it, but ya never know. The thing ought to be here tomorrow or the next day and then I'll know more about it.
Best Regards, Sam [H]

Hey Dennie! WHAAZZUP!!!
Best Regards, Sam [H]

Hey Dennie! WHAAZZUP!!!
Best Regards, Sam [H]

Thanks for the info, my seller said that this one skips occasionally too. Probably has a trip to Parasound in it's future as well. Please disregard the multiple posts while answering Dennie, I'm pretty sure its just a flashback and they're not really there.
Regards, Sam [:|]