need advice ??

lpld

I just puchased my first pair of klipsch. The model is KSP 400.. I have a Yamaha RX-V890 receiver and i need to know what amp i would need for this system..I found the speakers in a stereo sound shop stuck back under other stuff and asked the owner how much. He told me they were a discontinued model. I finally got them for 1710.00 tax and all. I really don't know if that was a good deal or not.would appreciate any info on speakers and about what size amp i need.

This message has been edited by lpld on 03-26-2002 at 10:34 PM

lpld, great speakers,good buy.

Is you Yamaha DD or pro-logic? How much power does it output? I'm not familiar with that particular model.

Although the 400's are tri-wireable,I would suggest you leave all of the jumpers in place and run them single wire for starters.If your Yamaha delivers 80 WPC or so it should do a decent job of powering the top end of the 400's.And of course,the sub has it's own built in amp.You could buy a 'Y' cable and use it at your receiver's sub output and get 2 sub cable's to feed the LOW-IN or LFE-IN on the speakers.Do you have an owners manual?

In your receivers bass management set your fronts 'large' and 'LFE-ONLY' if using them for HT.

Go to www.accessories4less.com and search part numbers HT-140 for the 'Y' cable and HT-153 for a sub cable.They also have a shorter sub cable,just don't remember the number right now.

Give us a little more info and I'm sure you'll get plenty of help here.Congrats on the speakers.You're gonna love em!

Keith