Promedia Ultra 5.1 & Creative DDTS Decoder

I haven't used these speakers or decoder for quite some time and I'm currently debating on what to do with them. I was curious if I was to sell these what would a fair price be? I bought these back in college to use on xbox and my PC. These things have been great and I haven't had a single problem with them, but I graduated college and am no longer into PC gaming so I bought some pretty nice HT speakers and haven't used the Ultras since. I was debating on still keeping them for the office or maybe give them to my brother in law, but if they are worth a decent amount I may just go ahead and try to sell them. Any thoughts/suggestions?

Thanks,

Nate

I'm assuming your talking about the volume control module for the speakers and not the DDTS decoder? If that is correct I will have to pass because without the conrol module the speakers really can't be used. Maybe one of those control modules will come up on ebay.

I would like to just sell everything as one package or just keep it all and try to use it somewhere else in the house.

Well the DDTS Decoder is extremely hard to come by. And nobody has made any kind of product to replace it as far as I can tell. I actually own one and would not give it up for anything as I could never replace it. It's very small and does what a much bigger and more expensive HT receiver would do. That is valuable to a lot of people. Especially now since all of the sound cards have digital out now and the Ultras are analog only. You can get cards that turn everything into Dolby Digital. I actually own 2 sets of Ultras. One set is still hooked up to a PC and the other got replaced by a home theater. So I ended up putting my second set in the bedroom. Since you have the DDTS, you could put it in your set in the bedroom as well. It makes a great setup for the bedroom. Both my wife and I couldn't imagine going back to just regular TV speakers. I highly recommend turning your bedroom into an absolutely kickass bedroom instead of trying to sell it or giving it away.

The 5.1 Ultras could go bad at any second. I am having problems with mine which I got back maybe in 04. I did find a guy on ebay who will actually upgrade the components that are likely to go bad and add extra cooling to prevent future wear. He only wants a section of the subwoofer so you aren't spending an insane amount on shipping. If you want to add some longevity to your system you might want to consider looking this guy up.

I am never getting rid of mine. I'd much rather have these speakers than money. They are just too awesome.

Well I just saw a Promedia Ultra set on ebay in just about as good condition as mine go for $260 plus shipping. I really can't use it and for that kind of money I think these things are off to be sold. Now I will need to see what to do with the DDTS. From what Stocklone told me there isn't anything else out there that can do this thing, but I still haven't seen any for sale so I don't know how much its going to be worth on the market. Anyone got an idea of what I should ask for it?