Parts from ProMedia 4.1 (control pod, 2 satellites), Missing amp/sub

ericjay

I had a roommate who had the ProMedia 4.1. At some point, though, one of the channels started to buzz, then went out entirely. After testing each of the satellites in varying combinations of channel outputs, he determined it to be a problem in the amp/sub. At some point he tried to get it repaired... but long story short, the amp/sub is now gone. I now have the control pod and two satellite speakers, which as far as I know, still work just fine.

I'm not very knowledgeable about speakers (that may already be obvious), but if there's a way to put the parts I have to good use, please let me know. Could I find a replacement amp and just use the speakers/control pod I have with it as a 2-channel system for my computer? Are any other Klipsch amps compatible with this control pod, or will it only work if I find one from the ProMedia 4.1 system?

If I can't use what I have... I'm sure there's a better destination for them than the trash heap. Are the satellites good as replacement parts for other systems? Is there a market for them anywhere?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

I am sure that if you really wanted to then you would be able to buy a plate amp and a subwoofer and then re-wire the controller to the amp to make it work, but that is alot of work and will also cost more money than I think it is worth, but certainly don't throw those out. I would pay you $50 for the controller and speakers. I don't really have any use for the speakers as I already have many of them, but I am interested in the controller.