Lf-10

M6 Driver

I'm looking into getting an LF-10 in the near future for the exceptions of possible air leaks anything else I should be concerned about and were the air leaks audible once you got in running figure at the store I can check that out as well what does the LF-10 compare to in the past and current klipsch line up as well others out there in subland!

as well should be paying $400 to 500 for the unit

Edit: I failed to mention I use a Battery of KLF 30's for by rig.

------------------

"FULLY LOADED"

J

This message has been edited by JTS8 on 03-28-2002 at 08:22 AM

yep I'll be buying from my local Klipsch dealer so not worried abit about warranty stuff

I hear a lot of folks here talk about subs that are musical and subs that are more geared to home theater so please define

I enjoy the low end to a point but don't what myself or my guests to lose bowl control with very very low LF

so please more input

------------------

"FULLY LOADED"

J

JTS8 - What is your typical listening mix, HT versus music? That may guide your decision.

Musical subs are designed to respond very quickly - fast accelaration and fast braking. To achieve that, they sometimes have to give up impact, which is what HT is really all about. Think of the analogy of a Ferrari (musical) versus a Bentley Azure -- the Bentley has more impact when it hits! (OK, so I'm not the King of Analogies, but you get the idea.)

Doug

------------------

My System

J - I assume when you say you don't want your guests to "lose bowl control," you don't want them spilling their popcorn bowl all over the rug when the depth charges go off, right? Smile.gif

You are seeking the nirvana we are all after, musical and with slam, too. You approach that in very expensive subs. TheEAR would be a good reference for the types of subs that would fill that niche.

In my case, I've compared a 15" servo Velodyne sub (a 98lb beast) with a SVS 20-39 (maybe 45 lbs?). I found the Velo to be musical, but a bit restrained in the HT arena due to the servo pulling in the reigns (no distortion, at any cost). It could definitely go low (I measured over 80db at 10hz).

I wound up choosing the SVS because it just seemed to have more impact, while retaining enough agility to be musical, too, due to its design which lets it leverage natural physics via its tube design.

All said, I'd take either the Velo or the SVS if the price was the same, but we're talking a difference of about $1300!!

Maybe some of you LF-10 owners could chime in with your experiences?

Doug

------------------

My System

I like mine -- so far so good

It's a kick *** HT sub and I use it to reinforce the bottom of my RF7's when listening to music

it's not muddy sounding -- nice punchy SOB it is

Depending on how big your room is -- you might consider getting two

------------------

dean

22ft by 14ft with 9ft ceiling think this might call for 2 LF-10's or others out there. anybody out here fool with the Bag End Infra something 18?

also thanks all for the input folks!

as all ways more I can learn the better!

------------------

"FULLY LOADED"

J

The LF-10 has a switch that will add a 3db boast for the LFEs in movies. It packs a punch but not an overly extreme one and does well on music. Try one and, if necessary, get another (assuming they are available). Or even better, ask the dealer if you could take home two and return one if one is enough.

------------------

Soundog's HT Systems