PARADIGM'S PW-2200 or Servo 15 for HIP HOP and R&B!

Lyrical man

HEy guys.

Ok now i am trying to decide between two subs, which are the Paradigm PW-2200 and the Paradigm Servo 15. I need your opinion on which sub will be better for HIP HOP and R&B music. I have heard that the PW-2200 sub is an excellent value and all, but is it a ONE NOTE SUBWOOFER. I am not sure and need you to use some of that great knowledge and help me.

Thanks a lot peeps!

Lyrical-

I have the PW2200 and I would disagree about it being a "one note sub." I think it is a very musical sub that does quite well for HT as well. I run classic rock, old "pop" (don't get me started there), jazz, some classical on mine and it handles all sources with ease. I have not heard the Servo, but you can't go wrong with the 2200. Not sure how much the Servo runs, but you should be able to get a 2200 for $700 or less. Great sub for that money.

Word up G:

If you want bass, either sub will deliver. The SERVO-15 is in a league above the PW-2200, but are both excellent. The SERVO-15 has a 15" woof-woof, while the PW-2200 has a 12". You may consider getting a 15" sub from another company. Possibly a KSW-15, abou the same $$$ as a PW-2200. The SERVO-15 will kick the KSW ***.

Good luck, go BIG for modern music.

------------------

Receiver: Sony STR-DE675

CD player: Sony CDP-CX300

Turntable: Technics SL-J3 with Audio-Technica TR485U

Speakers: JBL HLS-610

Subwoofer: JBL 4648A-8

Sub amp: Parts Express 180 watt

Center/surrounds: Teac 3-way bookshelfs

Yes, it sucks, but better to come. KLIPSCH soon! My computer is better than my stereo!

Considering price the 2200 is a awesome deal,better yet the SVS Ultra will give you much more output and dig to below 16Hz!

I would get SVS,if you are from the USA then SVS is THE deal,if you live in Canada a Paradigm 2200 can be had for under $700 canadian(under $450US!).

TheEAR(s) Now theears

between the two, and factoring in the price, I would go with the PW-2200... actually, I did!

the Servo 15 will go lower, but it will gain much more in clean extension than pure output (don't get me wrong, it will go louder as well!). if anything, get two PW-2200 and stack them! you may not have as distortion-free or linear bass as with the Servo, but you should have more output, esp. in the frequencies required to RAISE da ROOF with Hip Hop and R&B.

------------------

http://members.fortunecity.com/sebdavid - go laugh at my crappy website/equipment

http://www.dvdprofiler.com/mc.asp?alias=Sebdavid - go laugh at my puny little DVD collection

I fully agree with TheEAR...

No matter what you do (not destroy with fire or smashing) with the Servo-15, you will enjoy it.

------------------

Receiver: Sony STR-DE675

CD player: Sony CDP-CX300

Turntable: Technics SL-J3 with Audio-Technica TR485U

Speakers: JBL HLS-610

Subwoofer: JBL 4648A-8

Sub amp: Parts Express 180 watt

Center/surrounds: Teac 3-way bookshelfs

Yes, it sucks, but better to come. KLIPSCH soon! My computer is better than my stereo!

Punchier bass? NO

Cleaner and less distorted YES

Punch has not much to do with selaed or ported,its how fast the driver can react to input signal.Both the 15" unit in the Servo-15 and the 2200 12" driver should hit hard.

If you want very punchy bass the B&W ASW3000 would be my choice,does not good extra deep but the driver higher Q gies it a very nice 40-60Hz hump that whips you.

Same with the RSW series from Klipsch,the RSW's are clean and punchy.In fact in the upper sub bass(if there can be such a thing)the punch is tremendous.

TheEAR(s) Now theears