Behringer Ultracurve Pro DEQ2496 clipping when switching on

Hi,

I just bought a Behringer Ultracurve Pro DEQ2496 and when I switch it on the clip light come on immediately even before II hook up any sound input from my mixer. I have tried changing setting, defaulting it to factory setting, changing the input sensitivity via the button at the back, hooking it up to the mixer and output to the ep4000 amp with no luck. has anyone experienced this? please help [:'(]

Are the clip lights on permanently?, is a thump heard over the speakers?

if its just momenteraly during power up and no thump, then I think its normal,

basically the analog parts may be saturated momentarely during the power on transition as capacitors charge, and there should not be any audible thump

because of muting transistors designed for this,

the other part being the dcx is a computer, the bits (zeros and ones ) are random when power is first applied and then the computer does a short boot up process setting all memory registers to a running state. before this any LED controlled by the cpu may be in a random state on or off.

I concur with the above and I would not worry about it.

The Behringer DEQ and DCX have some odd behavior regarding the clippling indicator. If you put in a signal that is just slightly down from full scale, it will indicate clipping (no filters etc), but in fact it is below 0 dB FS. They also, at times, will not update certain settings until you actually close the menu you are currently in. So your gain may be reduced and the clipping will stop, but the indicator will continue to indicate clipping. However, when you simplly exit that menu, the clipping indicator will stop. I am not explaining this very well, but I hope you get the idea.