Corner shelf for RC-64

wboffthelake

Hello. I am a relatively new member and in the process of setting up my RF-83, RC-64 and RS-52 setup. My current setup has my TV in the corner of the room. The TV top can only hold about 25 lbs, inside the stand is not big enough for a monster like the RC-64, and the center sounds best at a height that is just above the TV.

So I'm thinking about putting two shelves above my TV in the corner, the lower shelf just above the TV for the RC-64, and the other shelf above the center for my amp and CD player which, as you can see, are currently in and on an old rack system stand next to my TV. I think the corner shelf setup will be much cleaner and attractive, and would be nice if it matched my mantle.

I'm wondering if anyone has any experience with buying/building a corner shelf strong enough for the RC-64? Measuring, along the wall, out from the corner to a line parallel to the front edge of the TV is 48in along the wall. From the corner straight out to the center of the front of the TV is 36 in.

Given the corner placement and the shape of the TV, I was considering buying/making shelves in a somewhat of a widened "home plate" shape. As for brackets, there's always "Ultimate L Shelf-brackets" but I was wondering if anyone knows of something that would work even better. Any ideas for shelving material strong enough? Any one with experience doing this, or any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks.

post-45341-13819601102914_thumb.jpg

post-45341-13819619649414_thumb.jpg

Kritzer,

Was about to purchase the RF82, RC64, RS52, RSW10d HT system. Noticed you had the same fronts and center. Any complaints?

Then saw that Klipsch now have RF 82 II. Have you heard them?

RAVI

No complaints so far. I haven't heard the new RF-82 II, but I am eagerly awaiting their arrival in Canada. If they sound very good theres a chance I might move my current RF-82's to surround duty and use the RF 82 II as new fronts.

Off the lake i think a corner would be a great place to construct a shelf for the rc-64. Like other member said make sure to get into a couple of studs for support. Also think about how you may eventually want to upgrade your t so you may want to put it a couple of inches higher. You could even tilt it and put a lip on it if you had the right tools and time. By the way what receiver are you using for those bad boys?