IPOD Classic

musiclover

Thanks for your reply. My son has IPOD Touch and sounds great through headphones but not all that great through stereo and vehicle. What speed do you rip in? He just uses the standard one on ITunes 128 high quality AAC and sounds great through headphones. I have more than enough music to fill up the 160 GB and want to get as much on there as possible. Headphones probably would be my prior listening source. I have been reading bout lot of the add on stuff you can get to make it sound better through your stereo, but hate to put that much money in that. Any other suggestions will be appreciated. Thanks. DAvid.

I have a 5th generation iPod Classic (no longer sold - the 6th gen is what's on the market now). I "upgraded" my iPod with a larger hard drive to 240 GB. Most people would NEVER fill that up - I'm about 1/2 way filled up on it now and that's just my progressive & power metal music

If I included my "mainstream" classic rock and pop music from the 1950s through the 2000s, it would be more like 3/4 full.

If you really want the room for ALL your MP3s under the sun - you could probably pick up a 5th gen on eBay and then upgrade. The HDD was NOT cheap (probably more than a 6th gen 160 GB) but for me I'm so glad I can put all my MP3s in one place!

Thanks for your reply. My son has IPOD Touch and sounds great through headphones but not all that great through stereo and vehicle. What speed do you rip in? He just uses the standard one on ITunes 128 high quality AAC and sounds great through headphones.

If I rip anything, it is typically 320 kbps MP3. I prefer to keep it in MP3 as I also have other devices I want to play the music through, including a Creative Zen for listening to at the gym, as well an Elan Via!DJ music server rigged up to the main stereo. Other than that, it is whatever format the eMusic downloads come in, which I believe is 256 kbps variable rate.

If you are going to be listening through headphones, than I would HIGHLY recommend getting something like the Klipsch S4s, which at $80, is actually quite reasonable for what you are getting. These things are like an order of magnitude better than the stock "iBuds" that typically comes with an iPod. I am really impressed with how good these things really sound, and I use mine all the time working out at the gym as well as listening to at the pool. That would be the one upgrade that I would recommend. In addition, it is also worth it to invest in a decent case for the iPod to help protect it.