Speaker Tools

avidfan

Hi,

I have been having problems with one of my klf-30 speakers after taking off , the rear panel where inputs are located I noticed some wires that were unhooked probally happened when they were shipped to me from Utah,so I need to go in throught the front panel to remedy the problem.If anyone knows what kind of tool is used to take off the the 6 rubber screws please let me know,and thanks to everyone for all the great post.I am on my own here in Alaska.Had a chance to talk to Trey cannon of Tech support and he was a great help.

You should be able to just take off the Woofers and get to it. All you need is a Phillips screw driver.

Tony

------------------

Fronts----KLF 30's

Center----RC-3 II

Receiver--JVC RX-9010V

Rears-----Quintets

Sub-------RSW-15 + Basscube 15

TV--Panasonic tau 32 HDTV

DVD------XBOX

Depending on which wires are not connected they should read something like this on the crossover (That's what you removed off the back):

T+ = Tweeter Positive

T- = Tweeter Negative

M+ = Midrange Positive

M- = Midrange Negative

W1+ = Top Woofer Positive

W1- = Top Woofer Negative

W2+ = Bottom Woofer Positive

W2- = Bottom Woofer Negative

Then there are four wires connecting the crossover board to the binding posts where the speaker wires are attached. Again, pay attention to polarity. Getting one of those out of kilter can result from mearly not getting enough bass to....well,.....you don't want to know.

Note: If I remember right the positive connection on the speaker driver it self is marked by a white paint mark, that is on the tweeter and maybe the midrange anyway. The woofers are probably marked with the traditional stampings so you may need a small flashlight.

------------------

Tom's Money Pit

Thanks for the reply everyhone.I was able to fix my speakers,while they were being shipped the leads from the crossovers become dissconected from the drivers.I connected them and they sound great.

This message has been edited by avidfan on 04-04-2002 at 02:00 AM