RP-10d Sub, RF-52 Speakers, Setup Issues

Instant Karma

Hello Everyone.

I Just purchased the RP-10d Subwoofer from klipsch. I also bought the Klipsch RF-52 Tower speakers. I am running these all from the Yamaha HRT sort of crappy reciver. I just cant seem to get the sub to sound how I want it. I have the speakers setup in the normal surround config. (Towers at front on each side of tv, center above TV, 2 surrounds behind couch) I am just wondering how to get the settings right on the the sub. What is the general starting point for setup? Right now for music I have the power from the reciver all the way down going to the sub, and have the sub +8dB, on punch, and the low filter on about 85Hz. I am just wondering if I buy a new reciver will it really sound that much clearer? Because right now it sounds a bit boomy, and distorted. Oh ya, I am feeding the sound to the amp from my Playstation 3, via digital audio cable.

Just tryin to find a good starting point so I can get the proper sound out of this sub.

Thanks

your really should get this yamaha rx-v467 its costs between $300-$400 i personally have this in my bed room its close to high current 105 per ch and .006 thd it will out power the $600-$1000 recievers with 90 per ch the next set up for that costs over $1,500 with 135 per ch. and i use my yamaha to push the top of the icon speakers just to give you an idea

good luck