2 computers, and 1 set of v.2-400s?

yenemy

Hi everyone, I've got a bit of a dilemma here, and I was wondering if anyone could shed some light on my situation. I just built a new computer out of all the spare parts in my closet, and decided to run it alongside my current rig, since my spare parts included an ATI All-in-Wonder 128... Besides being able to tape futurama and the simpsons onto my hard drive, it also gives me a machine to do some grunt work and let me play games and generally mess around on my main system.

Anyway, here's my problem. I have the Klipsch ProMedia v.2-400s. I'd like to be able to put the 2nd computer's soundblaster through those speakers, but I'm not sure how to go about it.

I thought I could get a couple of Y-cables, 2 1/8" male to 1 1/8" female stereo, and that would let me connect the speakers to both sound cards simultaneously. Problem is, I can't find any of these adapters online, and I don't know if this setup would damage the speakers.

I was also thinking about disconnecting the rear two speakers from my current system, and just plugging them into the second computer... so that would theoretically give me two separate 2-channel sound systems... I don't know if this would damage the subwoofer, either... ARGH!!

Any help would be most appreciated, thanks!

Jeff