Am I about to make a HUGE mistake or what?

Ron W Montgomery

I'm new in the Klipsch arena. I just bought two pairs of SCW-3's to replace an ancient Boze Acoustimass V system (two double cubes and a passive mid/bass) I was using as my front two channels and a pair of cheap Radio Shack speakers I was using as my rear two channels. These Klipsch sounded great in the store(Klipsch vs Def Tech; No contest!), but they're only rated at 50W max & 200W peak. Before I rip HUGE holes in my front wall (front L&R) and ceiling (rear L&R), can I be somewhat confident that I'll be happy with these SCW-3's when I crank up the RnR. I'm afraid I'll blow these suckers out with my Sony STR555ES at 110W/channelX5. I'm also using a Yamaha 150W active sub and driving a pair of Cerwin Vega AT12's at 80W/channel from the Sony's preamp out to re-enforce the front two channels for the hard crankin' RnR. I'm sure the DVD DTS sound quality will improve... But geez!?! The 50W max on these SCW-3's scares me. Should I be worried?

Scared to Crank it.cwm6.gif

This message has been edited by Ron W Montgomery on 04-02-2002 at 05:09 PM

Thanks John,

I am not the audiophile many of the folks on this BB are. That's painfully obvious judging from some of the advice I've read to other folks' questions. Not to mention my question which also shows my ignorance. I see some of these systems people have buildt and wonder if the direction I'm taking is prudent, but I realize I'm the ultimate judge of that for my taste in music, room contraints, and pocket book.

Thanks again.

Ron

------------------

Rockhound