Yamaha AVENTAGE Receivers

aab3rd

Didn't want to hijack Hudson's Yamaha 1900 thread but was wondering if anyone has had a chance to see/listen to this new line from Yamaha. I know that they are really new but one thing really intreagues me: HDMI standby pass-through allows HDMI switching without powering up receiver. If I read this correctly you should be able to feed all of your HDMI equiped components to the receiver and it will somehow switch them in standby whey you just want to watch tv/play xbox/watch a kids dvd without turning on the entire system. This would be great for my situation as I don't want the wife and kids to have to turn on the whole system for everyday playing/watching but be able to play xbox with the 5.1 system on or watch tv/movie with the 5.1 system on as well.

It is my understanding from reading that the more recent Yamaha receivers are a little less "bright" and are a better match with Klipsch than they were considered in the past. Looking to replace an older Pioneer Elite receiver that doesn't have HDMI (55TXi).

Here is a link to the RX-a1000: http://www.yamaha.com/yec/products/productdetailmedia.html?CNTID=5125526&CTID=5069422