LaScala mods

jnorv

I think that my first post was about surface mounting the tweeter and mid-range on my La

Scalas for better sound. Soundog advised to mount the tweeter vertical for better

dispersion. I pulled it and screwed it to a 2x6 sitting on top of the LSs. Sounded better.

Never liked the solution. Was unwilling to cut into the cabinets for a permanent fix. I have

just remounted the tweeter in the dead center of the mid range horn mouth. Cantilevered it

off of its original mounting hole. I think that that is a better solution. I have noticed no

degradation of the mid range and I could argue that being mounted coaxial gives a better

coherence.

J Norvell

My 58 khorn has the tweeter mounted vertical in the mid of the horn.The early mid horn was a lot bigger than the later horn. so there was plenty of room to mount it in the horn. All klipshorns had them mounted this way up to around 63 when the smaller metal horn came out.

I think the early horns sounded better.same with the vertical mounted horns in the early cornwall.

It would be cool to build a center lascala with the early horn set up.I would just mount the horns on top as the early horn is a nice looking horn.

This message has been edited by khorn58 on 04-03-2002 at 11:16 PM