Primer (film)

jacksonbart

I just saw this film a week ago for the first time. Since I have seen it another 3 times and have read up on it over the internet. If you like science fiction movies and twists, this is your film. First off its not some future hightech romp with exploding talking robot cars. It won't test out your home theater. It will confuse you. You most likely won't get it the first time. But as you get it.. you will be like "wow.. what a well written story". Lots of levels. I would highly recommend it. Warning: No explosions, no crazy bass, no talking robot cars.. etc.

I would recommend seeing it first before visting the website

It won:

Grand Jury Prize, Sundance Film Festival in 2004

The Alfred P. Sloan Prize

"Anybody who claims they fully understand what's going on in Primer after seeing it just once is either a savant or a liar. That's hardly a problem, though, since the experience of watching Primer is so intensely pleasurable that you'll want to see it several times, not so much to figure it out (that's a fringe benefit) as to revel in its striking composition and wry sense of humor.”

-Mike D'Angelo, ESQUIRE

"An ingenious movie about the perils of ingenuity. Invigorating. Like 'Pi' or 'Memento', 'Primer' is the kind of movie likely to inspire both imitators and cultists. Carruth has invented something fascinating."

-A.O Scott, The New York Times

"Finally, a piece of clockwork science fiction that works. This smart, committed genre exercise well deserves its Sundance Grand Jury Prize."

-New York Magazine

Oh.. The budget, just $7000.00 dollars and that would be why if you haven't heard about it, you haven't heard about it.

http://www.primermovie.com/

Cheers!!

• 2 weeks later...

yeah, i watched a couple youtube videos explaining the various timelines, i missed most of that, lol. this movie certainly does not hold your hand...

• 4 months later...