external amp

Inkabodpain

I was planning on getting a external amp for my L/R RF 82 and C/ RC 64 . I know the speakers will connect to the external amp . How does the signal get to the external amp .Which way would be best for best signal quality.. I'm pretty new at this. Trying to learn as I go along.Oh ! Will this improve sound quality ?

I believe that you use the preamp outputs (one per channel) from your Pioneer VSX 94 to connect to the inputs (one per channel) of the external amplifiers. This is by RCA/coax cable. You may have to select a function on your Pioneer AVR to "external amplifiers".

Chris

Should improve the sound Quality since your Processor is trying to drive 5 or 7 channels.

Depends on the quality of external amp, it should not take much though, my Pioneer Elite VSX-92-THX sounded better with used Adcom 545s. I recommend something better but these are improvement that can be had for $200 ish on the Bay.

They advertise 140 watts per channel but that usually drops to less than 100 if all channels are being used. But it not just the watts with less strain other things are going that make the other channels sound better.

Do this with the Sub and all componets Off or better yet unplugged.

Plug one end RCA interconnects into the "Preout" Front R, Front L and Center, Top Center of Picture last column of connectors on right, to the L and R inputs on the amp.

You can get a three channel amp or get two two channel amps and use half of one amp for the center.

Or you could go all out and get 3 mono amps one for each channel.

Move the speaker wires for Front L, R, & Center lower right in the picture, to your external amp L & R as required.

Plug everthing back in.

Preout outs \

\

\

post-30420-13819618339732_thumb.jpg

post-30420-13819621984416_thumb.jpg