Advice on disassembling S4i earbud?

jeffworne

I'm trying to attach the cord/mic/remote from my Apple earbuds to the earbuds of my S4i, thus removing the mic/remote at the Y of the earbuds (terrible design, Klipsch!). Does anyone have any advice on how to open up the earbud housing of the S4is? I can get the black plastic housing off of the chrome bit, but I don't see any obvious seam that would indicate where the two earbud halves were glued together. I'd like to avoid just cutting the earbuds off and soldering them to the other remote, but that may be the only option.

Thanks!

Would not advise that you do this.

The iPhone mic/controller works from the mic to a mono speaker, the Klipsch version is a mic to stereo speakers. Wiring this is possible but will likely result in breaking two sets of headphones.

I have no complaints on the positioning of the mic or controller by Klipsch. My voice is picked up easily and the central location makes it natural to use either hand to operate the buttons as opposed to the way Apple implemented their remote control.