Need Help ... I seem to have a problem with the control pod for my V2-400s

Qwiklap

I have a set of trusty V2-400s from back in the day. I am now just using them for 2.1 sound -- but they work great and I would prefer not to replace them. I my left channel was did (sub and right working great). Through troubleshooting, I have determined that some connections inside the control pod are loose. I can intermittently get both channels working by putting pressure on the wires going into the back of the control pod, and sometimes just by turning the volume knob up or down.

Din plug and amp in the sub seem fine.

Does anyone have a writeup or description of how to repair these pods? It seems that it probably just needs some connections resoldered. Can anyone help?

Thanks,

Q

• 1 month later...

I have a set of trusty V2-400s from back in the day. I am now just using them for 2.1 sound -- but they work great and I would prefer not to replace them. I my left channel was did (sub and right working great). Through troubleshooting, I have determined that some connections inside the control pod are loose. I can intermittently get both channels working by putting pressure on the wires going into the back of the control pod, and sometimes just by turning the volume knob up or down. Din plug and amp in the sub seem fine. Does anyone have a writeup or description of how to repair these pods? It seems that it probably just needs some connections resoldered. Can anyone help? Thanks, Q

Hey Q. If turning the volume up or down has an effect on operation then it sound to me like oxidation in the pots, use some DeOxit in the pots, If you would like you can send it in to me and i will do it for you.

if have a cheap set of sat's if you rather than mess with the repair.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180606670557&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT

Cheaperthantrash2010, these systems are also not compatable, the only things that are compatable are the sat speakers themselves, the controller is not at all compatable with a V.2-400 or a 4.1 system. What you are selling is ONLY for the Promedia 2.1 System, and not the wireless version either.