Wf 35 or rf 82 II

mharper3

I am considering purchasing either the wf 35 home theater system or the rf 82 II. When looking at on the klipsch site the msrp for the wf - 35's is $1500. The msrp for the 82 II is $1200.

I'm almost positive the rf 82 II is a better speaker and all around better home theater set up. What I was hoping for is that someone could help confirm this for me. For a home theater set up is the 82's the way I want to go. That's the max price range that I want to go. It's just that stupid msrp and the fact that I don't have any dealer locally to go and try them out first.

RF82's all the way. Before I switched to heritage, I ran a complete 82 setup with a RC62 center and RB81 surrounds. I have to say it was awesome, I still wonder sometimes why I made the switch. It was a great setup, personally I like the sound of the chorus's a little better as I am more of a music guy than a movie guy.

This is certainly opinion here. This is like comparing apples to oranges. I like the sound of the 82's way better because of the very full range of sound it produces. It is a wholesome sound too, not tinny at all or just plain high pitched sounding. The Icon W series is a great series of speaker. I love the quality of the enclosure and its stain and poly job. I thought they sounded very clear and can perform very well as long as they are accompanied by a sub. In my honest opinion, if you have room for an 82's setup, i would certainly pick that over the Icon W's. My rf-3's are the old models of 82's and i fell in love with them. Get the icon if room is a concern or the woman said i dont want speakers and you say look how pretty they are.