KLF-C7 (or any large center speaker) Placement

JHoff80

I've had a KLF-C7 center speaker for a while now. Back when I had a CRT, the speaker was able to be placed on top. I upgraded to a 37" LCD about 5 years ago, and the stand of the TV was perfectly sized to be placed on top of the KLF-C7. This was perfect, since of course, being 11 inches tall, the C7 was way too large to fit on the next shelf down on my TV stand (or pretty much ANY TV stands I saw at the time).

I just upgraded my TV again to a 50" plasma. This TV now uses a 'spider' stand that is too large to be placed on top of the speaker. I've seen mounts to place speakers on top of a flat-screen TV, but at 38 pounds, the C7 is clearly too heavy for that as well. I currently have the speaker placed behind the plasma, but the sound is so muffled that I'd be better off just turning it off.

I guess my question is, I'm sure I'm not the only one who has had this sort of issue, has anyone discovered any solutions for it? An entirely new TV stand isn't an option unfortunately.

Even something like this riser would be great, if a 12" tall one existed: http://www.standsandmounts.com/WoodTechnologyTVRiserwithAdjustableSpeakerorComponentHousing.aspx Of course it'd match my current setup much better if it was made of metal posts and a glass shelf, but doesn't matter anyway since it's not tall enough.

Any other ideas that I might be overlooking?