my wow post Forte/Marantz 2245

jerryd

Couple of weeks ago I scored some clean forte IIs at a garage sale for 100 bucks.

Today I picked a clean one owner marantz 2245 of craigs list for 140

I am on my 6th CD now and cant beleive what my ears are hearing..Cant put the thing down. All that feedback around the net on how good these sound, all true.

Amazing bang for the buck.

anyone reommend an affordable decent CD player to complete my littel nirvana here? currently just using some cheap toshiba player, If this thing opens up with a better CD player I am not gonna get anything done..gona go broke with music in my ears...

Couple of weeks ago I scored some clean forte IIs at a garage sale for 100 bucks.

Today I picked a clean one owner marantz 2245 of craigs list for 140

Great score. I have a Marantz 2252B powering a pair of Quartet's(speaker A) and a pair of Heresy's(speaker B) and I get more amazed every time I pop in a CD. It also sounded great when I had my Forte's and my RB-5's hooked up.

anyone reommend an affordable decent CD player to complete my littel nirvana here?

What do you mean by affordable? Used or new?

Bill

Used or new. There is soo much equipment out there it is mind bending. I know technology has come along ways. And there are new players that some claim play as well as older players that cost 5--10 times more. The toshiba was like 100 new. Its got to be holding the sound back I would think. looking to spend maybe 200-300 to get noticable gain in sound stage.

used or new. there is sooo much equipment out there its mind bending. the toshiba was like 100 new 7-8 years ago. its got to be holding it back. looking to spend 200-300 range I suppose. or do i need to spend more to see a difference? looking to get best sound stage I can on a limited budget.