cornwalls or lascalas or chorus in a small room???

jerryd

Short answer is they can all make great sound in that room.

I have never owned any Chorus but many here love them. I have owned (do own) Forte II's, Cornwalls and La Scalas. I think you would find the larger drivers of the Chorus or Cornwalls are going to give you better results than the Forte's at low volume levels but they are really big speakers and take up some realestate. If your decorator doesn't mind, go for it. The Forte's are great but I think they like to be turned up a bit. They sound better with some current pulsing through those drivers. But hey what speakers don't? The La Scalas sound crystal clear at low volumes but to get much punch on the low end you need to turn them up or start working with a sub. They are probably a little overkill for a room this size.

First, I would try pulling your forte's away from the corners a few feet twice as far from the front wall as the side walls and angle (toe in) just a little. Test the loudness button and adjust the tone controls. This can sound pretty good at low volumes with some gear.

One of the best set up's I had was with the two Cornwalls set about 15' apart and a single Forte II in the center. If you can set up along the longer 11.5' wall and if your gear will run a center channel heaven awaits! This would put your sweet spot about five or six feet from the front wall so you need to be able to live with that.

• Moderators

They can sound great, our bedroom is 15' long and 10' wide and we have Cornwall lll's on the long wall, 45 degree angle in the corner. A HK 920 receiver and an old CD player, plenty of bass and sounds great.

I went in there a couple of days ago and just laid across the bed to listen because it had been a little while since I heard them, and ended up listening to 2 CD's.

They can sound great, our bedroom is 15' long and 10' wide and we have Cornwall lll's on the long wall, 45 degree angle in the corner. A HK 920 receiver and an old CD player, plenty of bass and sounds great.

I went in there a couple of days ago and just laid across the bed to listen because it had been a little while since I heard them, and ended up listening to 2 CD's.

Are you sure you were awake for both CD's ? Or just dreamin' that. [;)]

• Moderators

Are you sure you were awake for both CD's ? Or just dreamin' that. Wink

I was awake, I was not just happy across the bed I ended sitting up leaning against the back of the bed, in the center. I did start to fall asleep at the end, that's when I got up and turned everything off, I hate sleeping in the day, I end up going to sleep much later than normal that night which is really late already.