Image X10 Strain Reliefs Are Splitting :(

BLSamuel

I have had the x10s for coming up to 2 years now and I WAS very happy with the sound quality of the headphones. However, I also have this issue and I am a UK resident who bought the headphones in Japan whilst on a business trip. I also have had very confused replies from customer support and frankly this is clearly a product fault that should have a recall. the cable has failed on one side of the phones and I am now forced to buy a replacement pair from Shure unless there is a sensible responce from Klipsch.

• 1 month later...

My replacement Image X10's sound as awesome as I remember the original set.

Less bass as not broken in? No idea would have to compare side by side which I cannot do.

Will probably put on Bela Fleck & The Flecktones Flight Of The Cosmic Hippo later today which has some crazy bass.

For now I'm happy as I was with my original IMAGE. MusicMusicMusicBig SmileMusicMusicMusic

Maybe less likely as the X5 and X10 use armatures rather than micro drivers as used in the S series?

Awesome album Ben, I ended up buying it.

Glad you enjoy it Techno. Flight Of The Cosmic Hippos was my first Bela Fleck and the Flecktones CD. I've purchased a few others since then. The Right This Minute thread has some great music. Some people with some really cool collections.

Glad you enjoy it Techno. Flight Of The Cosmic Hippos was my first Bela Fleck and the Flecktones CD. I've purchased a few others since then. The Right This Minute thread has some great music. Some people with some really cool collections.

Thanks Ben, I'll definitely check out that thread later. I'm not into jazz, but this masterpiece really grabbed me, I think I'm ready to grab a few more Fleck albums. Which ones are your most favorite?

I'm not into jazz, but this masterpiece really grabbed me, I think I'm ready to grab a few more Fleck albums. Which ones are your most favorite?

I think my favorites are Flight Of The Cosmic Hippo and Live Art but I like all that I have.

Tales

From The Acoustic Planet
The

Bluegrass Sessions: Tales From The Acoustic Planet Vol Ume II
Béla

Fleck & The Flecktones Greatest Hits Of The 20th Century
Flight

Of The Cosmic Hippo
Left Of

Cool
Live

Art
Three

Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest
UFO

Tofu

Some of the most creative music I have. The 2 Acoustic Planet CDs are pretty much Bela Fleck solo and may lean a bit towards bluegrass but I've not listened to either on in quite a while.