Just bought Heresy I's

reddart

My first Klipsch speakers. These are 1976 by the date code. HWO, they look almost brand new! near mint condition.

Since these are so nice, I have no intention of modifying them, but am thinking about replacing the capacitors. I see Crites has a convienient kit for this.

How might new caps affect the sound?

Thanks

Guest David H

Welcome to the forums.

Replacing the capasitors is a good way to go, while you are in the box tighten all of the drivers and the screws on the crossovers.

Also while the back is off, I reccomend installing gasket tape on the rear cover to help it seal.

These few repairs will make a remarkable improvement on your Heresy's

Dave

Reddart,

Welcome to the forum.

My first Klipsch speakers.

And not your last.[:D][Y]

Since these are so nice, I have no intention of modifying them, but am thinking about replacing the capacitors. I see Crites has a convienient kit for this.

How might new caps affect the sound?

The Crites kit is very reasonable in price and if you have basic soldering skills, you can do it yourself. Seal those cabinets also as mentioned in another post.

Adding new caps is like buying new batteries for your kids remote controlled car. A fully charged pair of Heresy's.

Good luck and enjoy,

Bill