Image S3 Difficulties

images3

Hello everybody,

I just had a few questions about the Image S3's I got today. When I first tried them on, the sound quality seemed very distant and, in one word, horrible. In fact, the earbuds that came with my mp3 seemed better. Could the problem possibly be the way I'm putting them in? Or the way they've been placed? If thats the case, is the plastic seal provided by klipsch the problem? Because after listening to music for about 2 hours, the earbuds have become pretty uncomfortable.

What my worst fears are that I received a bad batch... and I definately don't want to wait for the return. Can anyone tell me what these SHOULD sound like?

Thanks!

They should sound much better than the earbuds that came with your mp3 player at least any that I've ever tried. I've not (yet) tried the S3 but I briefly auditioned the S4 and S2 when they were first introduced and even the lower cost S2 sounded surprisingly good. The S3 are supposed to be better than the S2 and there's no reason to believe that they are not.

Yes it could be the way they sit in your ear canals. For most people they should be angled upwards a bit but it is possible to aim them directly into the ear canal wall where it turns (it's kind of a corkscrew I think for most people). The silicone seal shouldn't be the problem and should be more comfortable than standard earbuds but everybody's ears are different. Be sure to try the different sizes of gels. I hate anything in my ear but can tolerate the Image x10 and Custom 2 for hours at a time.

Another thing to check is make sure there's no ear wax or other foreign substances in the nozzle. If there is carefully remove with the small cleaning tool No matter how clean you keep your ears it will get foreign substances in it at some point in time. They can become clogged with wax if there's wax in your ears. Or get flakes from dried lotion if you put lotion in your ears (my doctor had me try that for itchy ears and it would dry and flake off and get stuck in the nozzle - note, the itchiness of my ear canals isn't really affected by either the Image x10 or Custom 2).

Somewhere on this site I think there is a video or at least directions on how to use. Also check the owners manual which I assume to be included with the S3.

Set Headphone Forum option to view all threads as the default is 3 months to scan through more threads but for the Image models normally just stick them in and they work. But be sure they are aimed upwards into the ear canal and not the back wall of the ear canal.

Good luck!

Good luck.

• 3 weeks later...

I just recieved my pair of S3s (the ones that I won from the Halloween custom constest that Klipsch had at the time - that ol' Viking costume is earning it's keep - won two contests as well as gotten a free lunch at a local restaraunt with that thing).

Anyway, they definitly sound way better than any of the stock earbuds that comes with MP3s, (and yes, including the ones that Apple usually packs with iPods - still got several pairs of those laying around, which I've never bothered to take out of the packaging).

First, and this may seem obvious, but check that you are inserting each earbud of the S3s in the correct ear. They are marked "left" and "right" with little "L" and "R" respectively. If you put them in wrong, that could part of the reason why the thin sound and uncomfortable fit.

If you are indeed putting them in the correct ears, than what 'blsamuals' wrote above pretty much covers it.

Also to add - I typically wear mine with the body "upside-down" with the wire coming out of the body of the earbud pointing up. I then wrap the wire around the back of my ear and let it hang down. Seems to work best for me in both comfort and keeping the things in place while working out and what not. In fact, I see there is a diagram in the users guide, which they call it "sport fit".