Center Speaker for IW-250

dbshelton

Welcome to The Forum!

Based on this: (The specs and photos)

http://www.klipsch.com/na-en/products/iw-250-specifications/

It looks like those are compatible with KG series.(They look like in wall KG 2.5s)

I would suggest a KG 2.5 or KG 2.5v (video sheilded) as a center. A KV3 would also be an excellent match.

KG 2.5s are an excellent speaker. (Good bang for buck).

Good Luck!

I would suggest a KV3; as it is also an excellent match. (If black is your thing; black ones are very common; they look nice.)

The KG 2.2 is also a great choice. (KG 2.2 is the KG 2.5 predecessor). Very similar to the 2.5; the difference being the phelonic driver (hard plastic resin)used in the 2.2 replaced with poly driver in 2.5 tweeter). Many prefer the earlier; but I have had both and I did not succeed at picking the correct one doing an A-B test.

I think a KV 2 is probably a notch below the others.

Enjoy!

I would say a KV 3 goes between $80 and $150.

I would say between $100 and $160 for the KG 2.5s.

Of course; it is what you are willing to pay.....

If you can get cheaper; by all means..... If you spend more; just be aware reselling may not yield that (higher) amount.

If you get KG 2.5s, with the intention of using one as a center; you can reattach the badge accordingly as the grill is cut out to accept them horizontally or vertically. (You may have to replace speaker cloth; but that is pretty easy).... (The three pairs I have owned were.....)

Good Luck.

• 2 weeks later...

I realize most here will think very unpleasantly of me, but on a whim, I decided to try a home-built solution for my center channel. I bought a couple of Peerless 6 1/2" woofers and had a Dayton 1 1/8" silk dome tweeter and a 2,000 hz crossover left over from a previous project. Fabricated an enclosure for all and the results are surprisingly very favorable. The DIY speaker is really an extremely nice match for the Klipsch inwalls and blends well with my Boston VRS surrounds. This is the best my Center setup has ever sounded and will be very easy to live with while I look around for a KV-3 or whatever to purchase.Who knows, I may even be disappointed changing again?