Someone with a KSW 200 sub please

George2002

Sorry for the re-posted But posted this on the powered subwoofer board and only got 6 reads so thought this may be a better place to get some help.

Could a few of you with the older KSW 200 subwoofers please let me know how long the cardboard part of the port is for that sub for me? Just a tape measure and flash light is all you will need to help me out should take you less then 5 min. I need to reblace the port in mine I have the right size cardboard tube just need to know how long to cut it.Thanks! George

PS I called Klipsch and thay could sell me the part but could not tell me how long it needed to be.

cwm1.gif

ED, Thanks! Big time. Also how does that sub preform for you with music and H/T 5.1? I had this one for a few years now and still trying to get some kick and shake out of it with music. That's how I messed up the original port length. I changed it so many times over the years to try and get it to sound a little better I forgot what size it was to start with. LOL! Now I know I'm getting old.George

OK George. The tube 'proper' is 9 7/8". By proper I mean the actual length of the cardboard, not inclusive of the 'collars' on both sides. As I peer into the mouth, basically the cardboard tube completly spans from plastic to plastic.

Have you tried moving the unit all over the room to get it to sound better or are you limited to a 'aesthetic spot'? I can move mine literally inches and completely change the sound, feel or loudness. I like this sub. The later KSW 10,12,15's are half the weight. This damn thing weighs 80lbs! A little 'boomy', but with 2 K-horns, 2 CW's and a center Belle, I don't rely too much on the sub. Just have it loud enough to add a little uuumph to explosions and such for movies.

Would like to check out the new RSW series for myself though.

------------------

Ed

Ed,Yes I did I only have two spots to realy place the sub. one was a corner and the bass was to slow and hung around to long. There a audio term for that but just can't think of it at the moment. Now I have the sub centered between the two front speakers. I did try (for the heck of it) placing it all around the room even were I would not leave it just to see it it would work better. I didn't. I'm running vintage AVID's 102's now just went over them and set them up. Was running vintage Infinity RSb's. I think the SLP is a bit higher on the AVID's and that lets me run the sub a bit harder But I still get no shake from it. The port length I'm running now is 10" even so it's close to the original 9-7/8. I'll re-do it to exactly 9-7/8 as soon as I get a chance. Yes I had a chance to get one of the newer subs when I got this one a ksw 12 and it looked half the size of this one and was rated in dynamic peek watts not what per channel like the KSW 200 and you right it was much lighter too. For movies it's not bad I can get some real shake but cant seem to get it just right for music. Thanks so much for taking the time to help me out! George