ProMedia 2.1 No Sound Problem... Again.

Weesa

I've read all over these forums for a solution but to no avail.

I get no sound from the right channel. If I swap the right channel speaker over to the left channel, the speaker works fine so it's not the speaker itself. Before I knew much of what to do I ordered a new Pod and when I installed it, I had the same exact results.

Since then, I've unplugged it from my computer and hooked it up to an mp3 player and the situation is still the same so it's not a software or soundcard issue. I've opened up the sub and checked both fuses which are good in addition to the one in the back of the sub. The DIN plug is brand new and looks fine. The old one looked fine as well but I bought a new one anyway. I've swapped over the wires from left to right in the back of the sub and they both work in left channel so not a wiring issue. Not sure if this means anything but when I plug in my headphones they work fine.

I'm all out of ideas. Anything else I should be checking??

I've read all over these forums for a solution but to no avail.

I get no sound from the right channel. If I swap the right channel speaker over to the left channel, the speaker works fine so it's not the speaker itself. Before I knew much of what to do I ordered a new Pod and when I installed it, I had the same exact results.

Since then, I've unplugged it from my computer and hooked it up to an mp3 player and the situation is still the same so it's not a software or soundcard issue. I've opened up the sub and checked both fuses which are good in addition to the one in the back of the sub. The DIN plug is brand new and looks fine. The old one looked fine as well but I bought a new one anyway. I've swapped over the wires from left to right in the back of the sub and they both work in left channel so not a wiring issue. Not sure if this means anything but when I plug in my headphones they work fine.

I'm all out of ideas. Anything else I should be checking??

Yes, open the sub and check the channel fuses going to the spring terminals, The right and left channel each has it's own fuses.

Also, what did you do with your old controller? I buy controllers and other klipsch parts.

I think, please install the voice software again.

What does this mean? I've clearly stated in my post that I unplugged my
speakers from the computer and plugged them into an MP3 player with the
same results. This is not a software issue.

Yes, open the sub and check the channel fuses going to the spring terminals, The right and left channel each has it's own fuses.

Also, what did you do with your old controller? I buy controllers and other klipsch parts.

I've already done this as also stated in my original post.

I've opened up the sub and checked both fuses which are good

My fuses are fine. I don't own a meter but I verified this by swapping the fuses. Even after the swap the right channel was still dead.

I know that you buy controllers but I think I will hold onto mine at least until I figure out what's wrong with my setup.

Any other suggestions?