RB3 wall mountable?

bacevedo

Does anyone know if the RB3 speakers have keyholes or screwholes on the back, so that you can use a wall mount to mount them to the ceiling or wall?

If not, do the SB1, 2 or 3 have these as well?

I am getting ready to move, and my RCW3 in walls are staying, so I will need new surrounds. I don't want to go the in-wall route again, so I am looking at getting some smaller bookshelf surrounds that will match my RB5 and RC3 front speakers. I will want to mount these speakers from the ceiling, so that I can have them out to the sides and slightly behind the listening position.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Bryan

------------------

"... But Honey - I promise this is the last thing I will have to buy for the Home Theater"

Mistubishi VS60603 60" RPTV

Denon AVR 3802 Receiver

Denon DVM 1800 DVD Changer

JVC 3600U SVHS VCR

RCA DirecTV Satellite Tuner

Klipsch RB5 - Mains

Klipsch RC3 - Center

Klipsch RCW3 - In-wall Surrounds

Velodyne SPL1200 Subwoofer

Monster HTS1000 Power Conditioner

Acoustic Research Pro Series Interconnects

Before you go buyin' Bryan, be advised that all of the bookshelf speakers you mentioned are bass reflex enclosures with rear ports that need space to develop a full sound.

Sealed speakers are your best bet for wall mounting as I mentioned on your duplicate post on another thread. Your problem may be solved by using the matching sealed center speakers in your rear array. -HornEd

Yeah - thanks - I posted a few of these because I knew some people don't browse all of the different areas. I wanted to get opinions from the regulars in each area - however, there are those like you who browse the whole board!

Thanks for the info in my other thread.

Bryan

• 2 weeks later...

I'm pretty sure there aren't any keyholes on the back of the RB-3's. I looked at the back end of a pair of RB-5's and there weren't any there. It would have to be a custom job and as mentioned you would definately want them away from the wall for best performance.