Bi-Wiring or not?

Juve

Hi to all pro in Klipsch forum, I have started reading here in the past 3 weeks.

Finally, I've got 1 set of RF82s , Synergy Sub-12, and Onkyo TX-NR708 receiver today. To begin a life of Klipsch, I've come across a wiring question.

This is the first time that I start to build up a HT, dealing with a receiver is pretty new for me, and I am still learning about it.

The RF82s are capable for bi-wiring, however the TX-NR708 only has 1 set of binding posts per each channel.

Should I stay on 1-wire connection, or possible to go for bi-wire connection? any significant boost of sound quality?

Thank you!

In my opinion bi-wiring is a waste of money, as you are putting the same full range signal from the same amplifier into both sets of speaker terminals, just as you are with one set of speaker wires and the (supplied) copper jumper strips in place. I have never heard any sonic improvement from bi-wiring.

The drawbacks are increased complication, additional connections (never a good thing) and additional expense. I think bi-wiring was primarily devised to help retailers sell outrageously expensive speaker cables.