Suggestions for rear placement using Klipsch S-3

rabinzero

Hello,

Having used these forums many times for suggestions from others, I keep coming back here for solid advice and would like to ask for some myself. My current situation is the placement of my S-3's as surrounds. I'm attaching a picture for you all to see and suggest how you would have them. I currently have them angled inwards, but not facing each other. As you can see, I have no walls on each side to put them up on since this is in the main living room area. Any tips, ideas, or advice would be greatly appreciated. I've ran out of them myself.

We'd (meaning me and the wife) would like to avoid hanging them on the rear walls if at all possible.

Thanks in advance!

I have the RS-42's which are smaller and have them on speaker stands, very simular in position as yours.

Mine are just a few inches lower. Can you pull the coach forward maybe 2 feet or so and see how that sounds?

Another thing would be to angle them just a tad bit downward if at all possible. Just some options that I would

try.

Never considered pulling the couch out about 2 feet. I could definitely give that a try and then if that works buy a sofa table to go behind it. I bet I could find something to angle them down a bit too so I can see how that works. Thanks! Two options I didn't think about.

Well, took your suggestion and sound improved 100%. Moving the couch up helped put listener in the middle of the surrounds and angling them down seemed to help the dynamics so you couldn't tell where behind you the direction was coming from. It finally sounds like they are behind you and not just some speaker making the sound behind you. Very nice bro. Thanks!!!