RF-62's & Marantz 240?

Tim Schurmann

I have a Marantz 1060 which is rated at 30 watts per channel and it sounds pretty good with the RF-62’s but I think its still a little “thin”. The 1060 has both Pre and Main outs via jumper plugs so it has the ability to easily convert to a pre-amp. I have an opportunity to purchase a separate amp which is a Marantz 240 for $300 (rated at 125 watts per channel, which is the suggested high end for the RF-62’s) and have every confidence it is still at, or has been restored to, factory specs. Does anyone have experience with the 240 and the RF-62’s? Or any similar Klipsch speakers? On paper, it seems like a perfect match but wanted to know any opinions from those who own, have tried or have heard this setup. This will be solely for 2-channel audio and with vinyl. Thanks!

I own the RF-62s. While I haven't heard them with a Marantz, many like the Marantz, as was mentioned above. I use a Yamaha RX-V1500, 120 watt per channel (7.1). The output in stereo mode is very good, and they maintain clean sound at high volumes (although I always felt that a better amp might improve that). If you are happy with your receivers features, then I would definately recommend buying the amp! I think you will be thrilled with the extra output that your speakers are capable of.

I'm not a big fan of 70s solid state gear but adding a powerful amp to your system will give you the next level of performance. To make a really good step forward, a couple hundred watts a channel would be a better move but you are on the right track.

Hi,

I recommend you also highly a power end!

I have a Marantz SR7002 (which has already very good amp circuit itself) but I tell you I am using a power amp.

check: www.advance-acoustic.com------

This is a French manufacturer. The have also mono blocks like the MAA705!!

I know there are better ampfliers but not for this money!

These power amp's have a very beautifull stunning sound and lots of power!! and look jammie too. Costs ab 900 Euro but you get very good value for your money, I got a stereo power amp of this brand and using him since 5 years and I am very satisfied.

The advantage of using a separate power amp gives your AV receiver more "oxygene" and you can use the other channels (which have more power left) for your sub or rear channels, ofcourse adding a second power amp would be even more beautifull

Good luck and have a nice day.