Sub for RF52 - very urgent or can delay ?

cricket_phx

I just got below system in a combo deal -

1. Yamaha RX-V667BL

2. Klipsch RB-41 II: - Pair

3. Klipsch RF-52 II Floorstanding pair

4. Klipsch RC-52 II Center

There is not subwoofer included.

Frankly I have streched my budget to get all these together.

I want to know if Sub purchase is delayed by few months would it be OK ? May be until I get a decent deal.

Can this system without Sub give reasonable bass in 18 ft X 19 Ft room ? Or system wont soung good without Sub ?

funny thing is I am yet to hook this system together. I know I have to listen the sound but just want to get a feedback from experience people in this forum.

Also which would be a good match sub for this system , which wont be costly ?

Would other company Sub work well ? I see lot of deals on Polk Sub these days. Any other such recommendation would be appreciated.

I am kind of new bee who does not know much about Cross over !!

you will definitly have a bass issue. I had the rf-10 system which was rf-10 (dual 4" cones), rb-10's (single 4" cones) and a rc-10 (dual 4" cone) and there was definitly a lack in bass. I had the subwoofer that went with it and i thought it was kind of airy feeling, not much punch. Without the sub on, the system lacked bass and really couldnt give me the foundation that i wanted. You benefit because you have larger cones which can produce more bass but i dont think it will give you the bass foundation that you are looking for. Your room is large, which means your low end is going to struggle. Your system is gonna sound crystal clean and clear but just lack in the bass department. Will it do for the time being, yes of course it will, i had my system without a sub for a bit until i upgrade to the system i have now. It wont be detrimental to not have a sub, you wont ruin anything. Just make sure that you set your crossover freq on your receiver if you have that option to about 60-70hz on the fronts or set them to large. This is just for the mean time. And make sure you listen for distortion while playing at loud volumes. If you hear distortion at high volumes that you enjoy, up the crossover on your receiver to something like 80hz and/or set your speakers to small. Your rears should be set to small and/or a crossover of around 80hz.

Typically you want to match your speakers together to ensure good timbre and fluid sound. This ideaology doesnt really apply to subs. Subs dont have tweeters so there is no timbre matching. I have been eyeing up the emotiva ultra 12, but alas im in an apt and cant get a sub yet. Good value too! You have plenty of brands to choose from, some on the cheaper end while others happily trek into the thousands.