rt-10d or rt-12d.....or maybe the sw311....or perhaps rsw-10...or something else....Help!

jmcg

So, I recently got my RF-7 Mark II's and an RC-64 Mark II. I need to upgrade my sub. I can get a new RT-10d for $875 to my door, or a used 12d for about the same.

My room is 14x22x12H. Will one sub be enough? What sub will better match my other speakers. (Will be getting the RS-62 II's soon enough, but as I blew the wad on the 7 II's I gotta wait, but those will be surround of the near future.)

I can actually get 2 of the 12d's or 2 of the 10d's if I needed, but am hoping I can get away with 1 sub.

PS....I have some cheap 8" downfiring ported sub now, so either will be an improvement, but I want the better match. I read most, if not all, the posts, one says the 10d is better musically...tighter, punchier, whatever term he used. Haven't heard either. Haven't heard anything good, for that matter, as I'll just buy on reviews/advice/faith like the 7 II's (wow...only have 105 watts from my denon 2310 going to those, need some amp suggestions/advice, too)

What to do....what to do....Please chime in.

There are some DefTech Supercube I, II, and III's on Amazon....even some Trinity from them that supposedly was designed for the Pipe Organs in St. Paul's Cathedral or somewhere similar....but that one's like 3 grand so dream I will...speaking of Dream is the THX sub/amp combo from Klipsch worth it?)

also looking into..... Polk MicroPro 3000 and 4000.....Velodyne Optimum 10 or 12...PSB Subsonic 10 (which is a 12" which means Subsonic 10 is a misleading name....they really couldn't think of Subsonic 12")....the Axiom ep 500, and a few more.

Really need some guidance and advice. Thank you in advance.

Lastly....tried posting my setup now that it's in place, but to no avail. Think I tried in Safari and Firefox. Will try again soon...

Do not get a polk or klipsch sub. SVS pb13-ultra. Does anyone know if these ever go on sale/ what is the lowest price you can get them for? I see $1699 for a rosenut one right now. If you can get one for $1499 new or a used one for less this is the route to go. Otherwise do a little research at avs forum. You can get a killer sub for $800 bucks. I know some people like HSU as well.