Klipsch sub-12hg vs. Onkyo skw-530?

jakeklipsch

I'm currently using an Onkyo skw-530 (that can with an Onkyo home theater in a box) but I've upgraded to using Klipsch speakers. I've been considering upgrading to the Klipsch Sub-12HG to replace the skw-530 but I'm wondering if it's worth replacing or if the skw-530 is good enough. I'm no audiophile but the specs (at least the frequency response) look pretty close from what I can tell (see below). What do you folks think?

skw-530:

Maximum output power: 230 W (Dynamic Power)
Frequency response: 25 Hz–150 Hz

sub-12hg

FTC Rated Power: 300 watts continuous @ 1% THD, Dynamic Power: 650 watts
24-120Hz +/-3dB

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I don't know much about the comparison but I thought I'd mention a few things. I too am no audiophile and am fairly new to the ht scene. I looked at subs for a long time and ended up going with the 12hg. I looked everywhere for the difference between the regular 12 and the hg with no luck. I figured with the the hg being about 250 less than the 12, there had to be something. Eventually I just called klipsch and they said the hg is just high gloss. There is no other difference. So I pickdd one up. Innitial impression was less than impressive(but I like alot of bass). However, after listenning to it for 2 days and moving it into a corner.... it makes me smile. Hope that helps a little.