What do I do with my RF 5 speakers

Monkeybrains

I am setting up a 9.1 setup , Im Getting a Onkyo TX-nr3008 or the 5008

Now my question is i have the RF 7's for the front and I have RF- 5's . Also RSW-12 Sub and getting RF 64 II Center

A - Do i Put the RF- 5 for Sourrounds and buy 2 Pr of RB 81 II for Height and Wides

B - Do i Put the RF - 5 For Wides and buy 1 Pr of RS 62 II Surrounds and 1 Pr of RB 81 II for Height

Thanks

I cant put nothing behind me the couch is against the wall . Dipole Surrounds ? is that what you call the RS 62 II's ?

Surround speakers are supposed to be either dipole or bipole. I believe the Klipsch speakers are dipole since they fire at an angle of each other, but I could be wrong. Either way, the dual direction of the RS-62 will create a sound stage in which the listener feels more "enveloped."

Now, I must be missing something as far as the rest of your question...5.1 is sub, R, L, C, R and L surround. 7.1 adds to rear speakers (usually placed above the listener). 9.1 adds high/front effects. You were talking about wides and high speakers...does that mean that you will have no rear channels, but have a center, right, left, right wide, left wide, right high, and left high? That is 7 speakers in the front plus a sub. I don't know as you'll gain much out of that, but I could be wrong. I would consider removing the RF-5 from the HT all together (use them as a 2-channel set-up in a different room or sell them), buy two pairs of RS-62 IIs and put one as your side surrounds and mount the others behind the couch as rear effects. If you want 9.1 add some bookshelves to the front wall.

That's just me.