KLF 20's vs RF3's - Good or Bad

dcb

dcb - I agree with your comments about blind listening tests. My dealer had a pair of RF-3's hooked up to a Denon 5800 and I listened to various CD's played on a Denon CD player. I wrote about this experience in a different post. Anyhow, after about 30 minutes, he asked me to help him move the RF's (in the same room) so he could hook them up to some different equipment. This time they were hooked up to a big a** CinePro amp that was being fed by a Meridian CD player and Meridian pre-amp. I again listened to the same music and the difference was amazing. Much tighter bass, vocals were very natural, the sizzle from rivet cymbals were clean.

It's amazing what a high quality amp will do.

Tom Adams

I have not, I have a 5ch amp w/ power stearing that will that 125w/ch and turn it into 200w/ch. does anyone know if this is safe to do. the Klf20's are only rated for 200w RMS. By using this amp could this send 400w/ch (200w top, 200w bottom). Will this damage anything on the preamp,5ch amp, and the speakers?

dcb,

bi-wiring will not hurt your equiptment if you connect everything up correctly.

i also have a pair of klf-20's that i am bi-wiring.

just make sure all the cable is the same length going to each speaker.

if you have any questions, the best picture i've seen to explain how to bi-wire is the below address.

enjoy. to me it made a big difference.

danny http://www.davidmannaudio.com

I am currently thinking of Bi Amping the klf20's, using a five ch amp and discarding the center ch. This amp has power stearing and I am still looking for info on weather this will damage anything. It's rated for 125/ch but power stearing will take it to 200w/ch. this is potentialy 400w to each speaker and twice the RMS rating of 200w. Does anyone know anything on this.