Guitar amps and Heresy's

jrkpilot

HI all, brand new here but owned my Heresy's since 1984; and they are absolutely MINT.

Simple question as I am totally niave...can I wire directly out of my small wattage, high quality guitar practice amp to one of my Heresy's??? By-passing the amp's installed smallish speaker which I've read is 4 ohms to the Heresy which I've read is 8ohms. The Klipch are insanely efficient and I'm using this for living room practice/enjoyment/sound at low volume...it would just be cool...Can I do this without risk of damage to either unit??

Thanks

...it would just be cool

JRKPILOT,

welcome to the forum .....

as i learnt from a previous post , when i asked the same question ,i gathered that it wont be cool ........, as perhaps that amp will focus on a tiny bandwith particularly the frequencies around the guitar sound ..... the amp wont have the wide range necessary to produce the oomph of bass neither the higher frequencies to relish . it will sound bland .

HI all, brand new here but owned my Heresy's since 1984; and they are absolutely MINT.

Simple question as I am totally niave...can I wire directly out of my small wattage, high quality guitar practice amp to one of my Heresy's??? By-passing the amp's installed smallish speaker which I've read is 4 ohms to the Heresy which I've read is 8ohms. The Klipch are insanely efficient and I'm using this for living room practice/enjoyment/sound at low volume...it would just be cool...Can I do this without risk of damage to either unit??

Thanks

I'd be more concerned about the speaker than the amplifier (amplifiers can generally work into a higher impedance without problems). Guitar amps, regardless of quality, can produce distortion products which are much greater than what are tolerable or safe for music listening purposes. There is the potential for speakers which are not intended for that type of use to be damaged as a result; don't try it!