Need a suggestion on how to set the 2 volume controls on the RSW-12

m00n

Ok, to the sub has 2 volume controls. One on the back of the sub, and one on the side. Is it ok to have the one on the back turned all the way up and leave it there, and use the side volume control to do my actuall volume adjusting?

------------------

the m00n system

RF-3II Front floors

RC-3II Center

RS-3II Surrounds

RSW-12 Subwoofer

Harman Kardon AVR 520

Toshiba SD 3205 DVD

Samsung 27" Flatscreen

Ohhhhh... Ok so I should take my system, put all the speakers back into their boxes and take it back to the store. Cause I obviously don't diserve to have this. cwm6.gif

Ok, so that dial on the back that I thought was a secondary volume control is the low pass crossover.

Geeze yet another something to learn about. So, how do I figure out what this should be set at?

Ya know, if I had the money I would hire a professional to come to my house and teach me all this stuff before I frick something up.

------------------

the m00n system

RF-3II Front floors

RC-3II Center

RS-3II Surrounds

RSW-12 Subwoofer

Harman Kardon AVR 520

Toshiba SD 3205 DVD

Samsung 27" Flatscreen

moon, like i said before, when you put the switch to disable, the crossover knob doesn't do anything & that's the way you want it.

your hk already does the filtering (crossovering) so you don't need the rsw crossover control. w/ a receiver like yours, it's really just for those who want to get up & switch it back/forth all the time or cut their LFE on 5.1 channel stuff (not good imho). Smile.gif

it's tricky & sometimes to learn it you have to go back & reread the prior posts & read the manuals. also the search function is useful. Wink.gif

------------------

My Home Systems Page

This message has been edited by boa12 on 04-16-2002 at 04:06 AM