RS 52II For Height Speakers ?

Monkeybrains

That's a killer system as is! Is he giving you some rediculous 50% deal for the RS-52s as "height" speakers? If not, I wouldn't but em. Set up your 5.1 system and get it just right, then see if you want/need a 7.1 or 9.1 system. At that time you can determine if bookshelves or dipole speakers are the thing for you. Also remember that you pay almost double for RS speakers as you get twice as many woofers and tweeters as you do in a bookshelf, so my guess is he is trying to be a "good salesman."

I believe that if you speak to a Klipsch rep direct from the factory, 99% of the time they will tell you that all you need is one set of RS-62s to handle 100% of the rear sound stage for any non-professional cinema. I would imagine that the RF-7 ii and RC-64-ii would similarly fill in all of your front sound stage.

For what it's worth, I use a pair of RS-42's as heights and they do the job just fine. Would bookshelves sound better?...well I am not sure but all I can say is that I am happy with the job my 42's are doing... Much easier for me to mount the RS's on the wall as apposed to RB's.